DQ2_ LynnsieQuestion: How will you use leadership to serve others?Answer: As I go forward, I feel that I have learned so much about servant leadership and yet have so much more to learn. I also feel that ethics comes into play when I think about servant leadership and what kind of ethics I have and want to portray. I feel that servant leaders must portray the virtue of honesty in all their undertakings as this is a basic part of servant leadership while gaining trust-making relationships. Effective servant leaders have the passion for serving their subjects just as Jesus served His people while on the earth with zeal and inspiration. Ethical servant leaders will also be willing to account for every aspect of the results from a value-driven approach. In this case, ethics is essential in accountability purposes among servant leaders. Servant leadership is applied widely in cultivating virtues in individuals, the virtues to create consistent behaviors among the followers. Besides, servant leadership and ethics call for good listening skills from the servant leaders as well as a consensus-building.The concept of servant leadership is applied in various environments today both in business and in churches (Spears & Lawrence, 2016). Servant leadership and ethics are also applied in the conceptualization process. In this process, the servant guided by ethics will be able to develop dreams about future endeavors while balancing between the future dreams and the current status quo. Servant leadership and ethics also help in developing the principle of empathy. In this regard, servant leadership with valued ethics accepts the intentions of a person but not be in the shoe of the person. Jesus too was empathetic about situations. Servant leadership focuses on ethical behaviors to promote the existence of ethical climates within the theological setup.As I continue to learn about servant leadership, I see how a core concept is ethics and how together they have a rich theological foundation. The cultural context of leadership is an ever-expanding field that has invoked research works on the same (Clark, 2016). Leadership in all dimensions has to be complemented by desirable ethics. Therefore, ethics can be defined as a branch of theology that focuses on defining both virtuous and wrong behavior from the foundation of Christ. I hope to stay true to what I have learned and continue to have the need for more. Reference:Clark, T. R. (2016). Leading with character and competence: Moving beyond title, position and authority. Oakland, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.