Instructions: Read the following paragraph and answer the question listed below. Your response should be one page (not including title and reference page) and have at least one reference. Adhere to the APA 7 guidelines for your response and references. The war between the Soviet Union and Afghanistan lasted more than 9 years from 1979 to 1989 (Reuveny & Prakash, 1999). Hundreds of thousands of civilians died, and thousands of Soviet troops and Afghan troops were killed during the conflict including Mujahideen fighters. After the Soviet withdrawal in 1989, the Taliban began to rise and gain power in Afghanistan (Reuveny & Prakash, 1999). The Soviets left an arsenal of weapons, munitions, tanks, mortars, grenades, artillery, and other military equipment throughout Afghanistan because of the war conflict. The Taliban used this equipment in their rise to power in the 1990s and 2000s. Today, when leaving a war conflict, the United States attempts to destroy or remove/relocate as much military equipment and munitions as possible.ReferenceReuveny, R., & Prakash, A. (1999). The Afghanistan war and the breakdown of the Soviet Union. Review of International Studies, 25(4), 693–708.Question:Do you believe that if the Soviet Union had destroyed its arsenal of weaponry and military equipment after the withdrawal in 1989 that the Taliban would have gained power? Would it have reduced terrorism in Afghanistan? Why, or why not?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.